- Student Travel Fund: Deadline October 5, 2014 (offered again the 5th of Dec., Feb., April and June). Up to $400 to pursue academic enrichment opportunities such as, civic engagement, internship, field experience, study abroad, undergraduate research and more.
- Gilman Scholarship: Deadline October 7, 2014 (for Spring 2015 study abroad programs and internships). This scholarship offers awards for undergraduate students interning or studying abroad who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding.
- Goldwater Scholarship: UM Deadline October 29, 2014. Provides $7,500 to students committed to careers in math, science, or engineering with two years of college remaining. Contact: Laure Pengelly Drake,
- Critical Language Scholarship Program: UM Deadline October 29, 2014. Offers an intensive summer language institutes in thirteen foreign languages. Contact: Laure Pengelly Drake,
- Truman Scholarship: UM Deadline October 30, 2014. Candidates apply as Juniors. Must demonstrate outstanding potential for public service. Contact: Laure Pengelly Drake
- Latin American Studies Scholarship: Deadline November 15, 2014 (for spring or summer, 2015 study abroad). Four $500 scholarships for students minoring in Latin American Studies and studying abroad.
- Udall Scholarship: UM Deadline November 18, 2014. Awards up to $5,000 to undergraduate students who have demonstrated commitment to careers related to the environment. Contact: Laure Pengelly Drake. More tips.
- Boren Scholarship and Fellowships: Deadline January 24, 2015. Awards up to $20,000 for undergraduate and graduate students studying abroad.
- More Scholarships! www.scholarships.fatomei.com and https://www.grad.illinois.edu/fellowship/
- Need help with a scholarship application? Contact Laure Pengelly Drake, Director of External Scholarships and Advising.
- Become an International Sustainability Fellow! Information Session Tues., Sept. 23, 2014 from Noon – 1 p.m. in UC 332.The College of Forestry and Conservation (CFC) has launched a new International Sustainability Fellows Program that will offer $2,000 in support for 25 UM students who want to study abroad and work with international partners on natural resource projects.
- International Internships! IE3 Global Internships will soon be here on campus! UM has partnered with IE3 to connect students with quality internships abroad. Learn more about these experiences on Thurs., Oct. 2, from 4 p.m. – 5p.m. in the DHC Lounge. For more information about international internships contact Kevin Hood, advisor for international internships.
- UM Arabic students share their abroad experiences: Thurs., Sept. 18 from 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. in the DHC Lounge. Several students will share their spring and summer travel experiences in the Arab world.
- Spend a night at the Movies! UM Office of International Programs presents Big Night at the Roxy Theatre Sept., 17 at 7 p.m.This FREE movie follows two Italian brothers as the fight to save their restaurant in America.
- Your UM resource for studying abroad: The Study Abroad Office will visit with you one-on-one to help you navigate through the process of exploring your study abroad experience.
- Learn more about Experiences Abroad.